Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Reindeer Have Unionized

Snow is falling softy... not a creature was stiring not a cat or an ELF!!  I slowly creapt into the living room and the tree lights were glowing with color and the presents left by Santa are waiting to be opened.

As I crouched down to retrieve my first gift a tiny hand emerged from within the tree producing a letter addressed to me and a tiny sing song voice sang out " I'm ......,. back..... or should I say I'm still heeerrreeee....."

WHAT!!!!!!  I ripped open the letter and read the following.

Dear Jaime,

I regret to inform you that I was unable to bring Holly back to the North Pole. The reindeer have unionized and have negotiated a new contract which they produced before we arrived at your house. It's a binding legal document so I'll paraphrase their terms and conditions so I won't bore you with all the legalize.

Rudolph has a doctor's note stating that he is very close to a nervous breakdown and suffers from anxiety. Holly scares the droppings out of him. She's shifty and always sneaking around. He needs to work in a safe environment.

Prancer still stands by his claim that Holly tampered with the fruitcake at last year's party and gave him the runs for days.

The reindeer threatened to strike and not deliver the rest of the presents beyond your house if that Elf came back with us. Now you don't want to disappoint all those children do you? Think about little Katie and her American Girl dog and Karysn and Kassidy and the rest of them.....

To be honest I think the reindeer are onto something. It appears that someone drank the milk and ate the super dooper cookies you made for me. Also when I placed your gifts under the tree that crazy elf jumped out of the tree with a "Boo" and frightened me. Glad I brought an extra pair of pants in case of emergency. First time I had to break those out. Those shifty eyes are creepy.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm sure you understand. Think of the children.

Ohhh.... and apparantly Santa can be outbid on Ebay. I got sharked!!!  SoccerMomIndiana will be placed on the naughty list next year. Nobody gets in a bidding war with Santa. Please put Henry and Beezus on your list for next year.


Love,
Santa



What will I do with a mischevious elf until next Christmas? Stay tuned.......

Merrry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment