Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holly JD Elf.... the new Annie Leibowitz

The moment my eyes fluttered open this morning I knew something was amiss.  Electricity coursed through my veins and my nose twitched like a bloodhound that has captured the scent of what it is seeking. Cautiously I tip toed out of my bedroom but everything was where it should be.  Not a stand of tinsel was out of place and one snoring elf was snuggled under the tree. Hmmm……  I still don’t trust that shifty eyed elf.

I went about my morning routine and powered up my computer once I was settled into my cubicle for the day at the office. As I checked my inbox a company-wide email caught my eye with the subject line:   Company Photo Contest Winner –  Submission by Jaime & Holly JD.  WHAT THE HECK!!!

Attached was the winning submission: Visions of Sugar Plums Danced Through Her Head

A photo of yours truly snapped while I slumbered. Yes, there might have been pink flannel pj’s with white bunnies skiing. Maybe I might have been drooling with my mouth guard in place and my eyes half open. Yes,  my Cat Mittens backside might have been smushed up against my face while I slept..  There is a possiblity that my hair might have resembled Medussa and her snakes. NO I usually do not have a Justin Bieber and One Direction posters hanging above my bed with a big red heart drawn around it, but the New Kids on the Block MIGHT be legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment