Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holly JD Elf knows how to jazz up a Christmas card

Holly has been a little pooped lately from all her of misadventures and has taken up watching the Game Show Network all day long while inhaling Cheetos and yelling out her guess on The Price is Right.  “Fool…. I said 1 dollar!!!!”   The orange Cheetos smile glows like a jack o lantern and is a little creepier than normal if there ever is such a thing as normal with Holly JD Elf.

After a tiresome day of “playing” 20,000 Pyramid and Wheel of Fortune, Holly asked if she could help me with my Christmas card list. I was taken aback by our moment of bonding and gave her the task of addressing all the envelopes.

I take great pride in selecting cute retro Christmas cards of old times past. Maybe a nativity scene or a snowy landscape or a holly jolly Santa.  Either way a card that brings back memories  of our youth. I’ll jot down a quick note wishing a blessed new year and good health, etc.

Old timey cards are a thing of the past though.  Most are of families sitting on the beach with glowing sun kissed skin, or maybe a picturesque family building a snowman with a letter of achievements this past year.

Holly asked if I was going to do a family photo Christmas card and I said I don’t think my friends far and wide are interested in a picture of me and my two cats, and an unruly elf. Holly pondered this and said true, but it would be a heck of a lot more interesting. I do give her that. I finished up my Norman Rockwell cards and called it a night.

AS I left the next morning I trusted Holly with the task of mailing out my cards. Every relationship must have a little bit of trust in order to succeed… correct?

A few days have passed and Holly left me a little present when I woke up this morning. I’ve mentioned previously that she is a whiz at Photoshop, and Holly put her skills to use. I found a new and improved family Christmas card that went out to everyone on my list.

Yes, that is me in a Mrs. Claus suit and Daisy and Mittens are dressed as reindeer. And who is that next to me dressed as Santa? Well dressed as Santa would be a loose description considering he is only wearing red felt pants and a Santa hat displaying some rock hard abs. Now it can’t be…. Yes that would be Ryan Gosling on my arm with a smiling unruly Holly Jolly Elf sitting on his shoulder with one arm around his neck.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE GOSLINGS!!

Ryan, Jaime, Mittens, Daisy, and the AWESOME Holly JD Elf

Our year rocked and if only you could be as fabulous as we are!!


No one ever said Holly was modest and she is right.. I think my card was a heck of a lot more interesting than everyone else and also a tiny bit delusional…

No comments:

Post a Comment