Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holly supports the local public library

Most days during my lunch break I pop over to the local library to check out or return a book or two. The librarians know me by name and I frequently request books through interlibrary loan, etc.  It’s not uncommon to receive a warm greeting and a reminder that “Jaime, the newest Maeve Binchy book you placed on hold has come in..” etc.

As I sauntered past the front desk this afternoon, Laura ( the greatest librarian that has ever walked this earth) informed me that I had a few titles that have trickled in and are on hold for me. Hmm.. that’s strange. I only have a few titles in my queue and last I checked I was still far down on the waiting list. I grabbed the items from the holds shelf with my name on it and was perplexed by what I found.

The A to Z Encyclopedia of a Serial Killer
Helter Skelter
Silent Night Deadly Night
Cocktails Made Easy

As I perused through the titles in a state of confusion, Laura sidles up to me and whispers.. “ umm. There are a few more titles that came in as well for you and are behind the desk if you know what I mean.” I think I do, but I’m not sure that I want to. I let out an embarrassed chuckle and told Laura “ Oh.. I didn’t reserve these titles, my elf Holly must have with my library card.” Laura just gives me a wink, ‘Sure, your Elf…. Oh and the newest Pretty Little Liars book came in for you as well. Did your Elf reserve that too.”

Hmmm…. I think she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment