Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holly JD Elf Made a New Friend

Oh Dear Lord Holly has made a new friend.  She texted me this photo a few moments ago. She has released Pizzazz from solitary confinement up in the cold dark attic. This so called doll and I have a long history. Let me set the scene….
Christmas 1986 I really wanted a Jem doll from Jem and the Holograms. She had her own band, supported a home from girls, and had a foster sister. In true 80’s fashion she had big hair (pretty pink) and earrings that turned her from an everyday philanthropist into a rock star! I put it on my Christmas list and waited for Barbie’s cool new friend to arrive.
Christmas morning a gift sat under the tree at my grandmother’s house addressed to me from my great aunt Rita. Paper flew everywhere as I tore into that gift but my long awaited joy turned to confusion when this scary green haired angry looking doll Pizzazz started back up with a grimace. This was no Jem!! IT was her fierce rival Pizzazz.. My great aunt Rita was looking at my expectantly and said “it’s just the doll you wanted .. right?’ “Totally” I replied without hesitation. My great aunt Rita loves buying the gift she knows you want and I did not want to disappoint. With a big smile on my face I took the doll out of the box and put on a show that Barbie’s new cool hip friend has arrived. In my mind I decided she would be Barbie’s trailer park next door neighbor instead.
Later that afternoon I overheard my great aunt Rita whispering to my grandmother in the kitchen “ I’m surprised Jaime wanted that hooker doll for Christmas. Doesn’t really seem her style, but it’s want she wanted. Who knows with kids these days..”
Holly and Pizzazz better keep it down. All I need is an angry girl/elf rock band keeping up the neighbors all night. I’ll be optimistic. Maybe they will perform a favorite Christmas tune for me when I get home tonight. Who am I kidding, my apartment will probably be trashed after a hotel room party hosted by Axel and Slash circa 1980’s on tour….

No comments:

Post a Comment